Vision and Mission
Our Vision: Empowering Kenyan women through education to build a self-sufficient future for themselves, their children, and their community.
Our Mission: To provide education and life skills for Kenyan teenage mothers and early childhood education for their children to break the cycle of poverty and create productive members of society.
- Build respectful relationships
- Foster honesty and integrity
- Prayerful in everything
- Excellence in all we do
- Financial and operational transparency
- Culturally conscious
- Executive director leads and works on-site in Kenya
- Create a program that empowers, rather than enables
- Provide a safe, secure, faith-based environment for learning and living
- Teach skills that create job opportunities
- Partner with local community to build good relationships
Listen to Executive Director Carol Erickson explain the vision of Imara International: