By Barb Kula, Board of Directors
Just a quick wrap up from our trip to Imara: all are back in the U.S. and hopefully over any jet lag!
Everyone worked so hard and did a great job preparing for the trip. Our accomplishments:
- clothing and bedding sorted, inventoried and in storage for easy access (like cleaning your closets for twenty kids)
- supplies organized and stored for easy access
- sewing classes for skills development and sale items for upcoming bazaar
- video interviews with moms, Carol, and Sandy so they can tell the Imara story
- pre-kindergarten curriculum introduction and roll-out
- cream separator installed and working for quality baking
Of course, so much more that Carol and Sandy take into stride on a daily basis: two new moms welcomed to Imara House, cakes baked and decorated for sale, crops planted (maize, beans, potatoes), well dug, and the list goes on and on. How they do it every day is amazing.
A special thanks to all who pitched in and donated money and supplies for the trip. You and everyone mentioned above are making a difference. You are providing a chance for a future for a teen mom and her child. Huge steps forward in their life journey. Imara House today, Imara Village in their future. Thank you!